Tuesday 9 October 2007

Krav Maga Photos from our July 2007 Self Defense Workshops in Pattaya & Bangkok, Thailand

Photos for you to look at, of our July 2007 Tactical Krav Maga Self Defense workshops we ran in Pattaya here and up in Bangkok, Thailand. Our Chief Instructor Carl Halley from Tactical Krav Maga down in Sydney in Australia, taught the workshops.

I really enjoyed the workshops myself, in a very different way than I usually would enjoy a martial arts related seminar. As Carl is one of the most professional instructors I have ever met in the martial arts world, and I started Mugendo Kickboxing (actually back then it was a mix between Wado Ryu Karate, with boxing hands, and early brand of kickboxing) back in Feb or March 1984, so I have been around martial arts a long time, and 6 years in Canada too where I trained in a few different martial arts systems/styles, I have met many well know people & martial arts/self defense experts along the way. Within 10 minutes of first meeting Carl, I knew he was if not the most, certainly in the top 1% of pure professionals I have met, with extremely high standards & ideas for how his organisation, instructors, own school, & students most keep, and work towards. Immediately I decided due to the high standards in place, and high expectations for instructors, that Tactical Krav Maga was a system/organisation I wanted to be associated with. This means that I myself (well I also worked to high standards in my own training and Martial Arts work), must keep all my standards very high. I discover many knew areas related to being a Krav Maga Instructor where high standards must be number 1, and some were new to me, in areas or about situations I never even considered before.

So I am happy to say I had to work very hard myself in a few new to me areas, to pull my standards up (aside from how hard & fast I can punch, or kick, or knee, or work a very live knife defense drill etc) , and I tell you it was well worth it for me, as personal improvement in any area is always a goal of mine, and more so, as we constantly must look at ourselves as individuals in KM Self Defense, and indeed in life as a whole, and see can we improve our "Character Defects", and become better people, who live life on a new level & to a new higher standard. And of course this gives the people who come to learn Tactical Krav Maga, a great benefit also, and thats where serious high standards must always be in place, the student is number 1, and must get the best training.

Anyway, back to what I mentioned at the start, as usually at a seminar is I am not teaching it myself, or on duty if needed as an Assistant Instructor for 100% of a seminar, then I am in the seminar as a student, (forever I will be a student in Martial Arts as there is always something to learn), and when I am a student I train 100%, and if a bomb exploded outside the gym window, I would be so into my own training, I would not even notice the explosion! :-)

In Bangkok & Pattaya, I spent alot of time sitting on the sidelines my choice observing how Carl taught a seminar and watching his teaching style. Since Carl is teaching professionally many years longer than me, and since he got very hard to get government contracts in Australia to teach various Police Departments, Military, & other government security, that alone is an indicator of the level of professional & expertise on offer, as no army, police dept, or government hands out combat/self defense training to just anyone. So I got to look and watch in an intensive way, for alot of the time as a spectator when I was not helping out or partnering with some of the krav maga students on our thailand self defence seminars. I have to say, I learned much more than I expected, and I found since I have many years of experience, I knew what to watch for and I was very suprised at the amount and level of new information & ideas I learned.

Ok, so here is a link to some photos from our bangkok & pattaya krav maga workshops, this summer gone past, and for fun, I also added various photos from my own martial arts & kickboxing past. You will even see me as a 21 year old young lad in New York City in the USA in the early 1990s, throwing a kick a former Number 1 World Heavy Weight Boxing Contender, "The Great White Hope" Gerry Cooney...(like he only fought the like of Larry Holmes, for $10 million a fight, so I decided to hit him a few kicks to smarten him up a bit! Us Irish people are not too shy about doing such things), so Gerry Cooney took his beating well, and shook hands with me with after I my round house kick slammed into him& became my buddy, (told me not to tell anyone I beat him! LOL!)

Here is the link, follow it now, and see the photo, you never know what you might see on here!

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/GerryKM01/

On Monday 8th October, we just started our new beginners krav maga self defence class in Pattaya Thailand. It is on Mondays & Wednesday evenings at 645pm (18:45) at Tonys Trade Center in the Aerobics Studio on 3rd floor see http://www.tonysdisco.com for more information on location see the Tonys Disco site and go to Tonys Trade Center link. All through October into November we will accept new adult beginner students for Tactical Krav Maga Self Defense, and we will really work on giving you the basics skills over the next few weeks. (Actually, it is the basics that will 95% save you if your ever attacker & have to use your skills). If you want to attend, please email me and confirm which class you will join, and what day/date so I know to expect you. (I do not allow spectators at the class out of respect for new students who have already join up, however if you want to try it out, come and train for a few classes, and if you do not enjoy what we do, I will refund you the balance of your monthly training fee less class already done on the spot) follow this link for details & to contact me Krav Maga Thailand

This is worth thinking about also, in approximately 2 weeks time, Carl Halley is back up to teach an intensive 40 hours, 8 hour daily, 5 day Fasttrack Tactical Krav Maga Self Defence Seminar on 23rd October - 27 October 07 here in Pattaya. This course is going to rock n rolling & you will cover all the Tactical KM system, and you will be amazed and how your skills will develop. Also you get Free, if you pay in full by 15th October, worth $100, the full 5 DVD TKM Set, which at home you can review all you have learned, and to be honest, I think we made a mistake on the price of the course, but since we are generous people it is only 14,500 Thai Bhat which is massive value for money, as 2 day self defense courses in the USA cost up to $2000 or more. (I know of one instructor who charges $2000 per day, and that is before expenses!). Never again will such a good value price be on offer (14500 thai bhat is approx euro 320/USA $450/or British Pounds 220. and if you work off the value of the $100 USA worth of KM DVDs you will get against the value of the fee, for 40 hours training with a world class expert, you will see it is serious good value for money). Click on link below for more info
Krav Maga Self Defense Thailand 40 hour 23rd October Pattaya Workshop Martial Arts

Over the next few post, I will cover some ideas on Self Defence as per what we do in our Thailand Tactical Krav Maga Beginners self defense class in Pattaya.(Come join us if you are interested & based in Pattaya). This blog will also server as a place, where I will post a review of some of our classes and extra information on what we have covered, and where students can come and ask questions and what they learn, or discuss techniques, or training in an open and constructive manner.

Until Then...

God Bless

Gerry Nolan
Instructor Tactical Krav Maga Self Defense Martial Arts Pattaya Bangkok Thailand

No comments: