Monday 8 October 2007

Krav Maga Thailand Self Defense Martial Arts Blog

Krav Maga Self Defense Thailand Blog

Hello:My name is Gerry and this is my new blog for Tactical Krav Maga Self Defense Thailand, as have just launched Self Defence Classes here in beautiful Pattaya, Thailand for Tactical Krav Maga.

In fact, I introduced Krav Maga for the first time to Thailand this summer in July 2007, when we have Tactical Krav Maga Chief Instructor & Self Defense Expert over to teach our very first 2 day intensive seminars in Bangkok & Pattaya.

I will post some photos at a later stage from these events. I am a Krav Maga Instructor, under Tactical Krav Maga, and before a few years back I did an intensive instructors course in Netanya, Israel, under the Israeli Krav Maga Association. I have many years in Mu Gen Do Kickboxing in Ireland, getting to 4th Dan Black Belt under Professor George Canning in Ireland. I was always interested in the Self Defense aspect of Martial Arts, and I discover Krav Maga about 5 years ago, and took to it fastm due to beign a kickboxer.

In this new Krav Maga Thailand Blog, I will cover what classes and course we have on in Thailand, what we are teaching and training in, and also other Self Defense Systems & Martial Arts too.It would be great of other Martial Artists in Thailand, began to visit this Blog, as from my own knowledge, Reality Based Self Defence or RBSD as we call it for short, is not very popular in Thailand yet. Indeed outside of Muay Thai, in Bangkok I was very suprised to find out for a city with an offical population of 6 million people ( and the unofficial population can be up to 12 million...or so I read!), there is not very many Martial Schools at all, the post popular being WTF Tae Kwon Do which is preferred by high school kids, and university students. And of course there is a Bangkok Fight Club which is the premier Mixed Martial Arts or MMA for short, gym in Bangkok.

So good news, Krav Maga has hit the Land of the Smile, Siam or more popularly known as Thailand! We started in Bangkok, then Pattaya with our introduction seminars in July.Now as we are in mid September, and since I live in Pattaya Thailand, which is a beach resort area, and about 2 hours from Bangkok. I am starting to teach regular Krav Maga classes in Street Self Defense here. We have intensive seminars planned. where you can cover our Tactical Krav Maga Systems, which has 10 Units of learning, and also do private lessons with me, and soon I will offer 1 on 1 Executive Private Fly In Krav Maga intensive private training for those coming to Pattaya on Vacation or longer stays.

Before anyone asks? Yes, I do train in Muay Thai Boxing, and came to Thailand in December 2005 & stayed in a tiny village in Burriram, about 80 km outside of Korat, called Nong Ki, there I had great opportunity, in that I trained with one of Muay This must famous trainers, Master Pramote Haimook, of Nong Kee Pahoyuth Muay Thai school as he is Number 2 in Muay Thai for producing famous champions and had 10 Muay Thai Champions, and I trained almost daily for most of 2006, then I moved to Pattaya, where I train in the famous Sityodtong Muay Thai camp. Sityodtong is Number 1 in Thailand for Muay Thai Champions have 25 in total over the years. I've had to cut down the Muay Thai this past few months, due to serious work commitments, and I am missing it badly, and am just back to Muay Thai recently.

So on the Krav Maga Pattaya.

This is the News:

Monday 8th October Krav Maga Self Defense Pattaya Class starts.

This is a new class for adult beginners or those with martial arts experience in Pattaya who want to come to regular clases on Monday & Wedesdays nights, and learn krav maga.
For details please visit our website Tactical Krav Maga Self Defense Thailand Class Details

23rd October Tues - 27th October Sat 2007 (40 hours Krav Maga in 5 days)
Intensive Fast Track Tactical Krav Maga Self Defense Seminar Pattaya Thailand

We have Tactical Krav Maga Fast Tracking Course Pattaya Thailand thats 40 hours KM over 5 days with 8 hours intensive KM training per day, as Carl Halley Chief Instructor from Australia is flying up to teach, and will cover self defense against unarmed & armed attackers.For details on this please see our seminars & course webpage and follow the link...Tactical Krav Maga Fast Tracking Self Defense Course Pattaya Thailand

If you want to be updated with information on our Self Defense Krav Maga School Pattaya Thailand, lessons, classes, course's or weekend seminars we may run in Bangkok or other Thai cities, please book mark and come visit my blog.Also go to the home page of our web site Krav Maga Self Defense Thailand and sign up for our email newletter. We hate spam, so watch out for the opt in auto responder email you will get back, and I promise the emails we send are not too many, only when important news comes.

Ok.. Soon I better tell you what Krav Maga is for those who do not know!

Check back soon.

Warmest Regards
Gerry Nolan

Tactical Krav Maga Instructor
Pattaya Thailand http://www.kravmagathailand.com/

1 comment:

Richard Barnes said...

I wish you well with your blog

Richard Barnes from GeoffThompson.com